Monday, January 11, 2016

I survived the week of Jan 4, 2016 - Luleå Week 5

If you haven't yet, go take a look at the pictures I just sent out. Yup..it really was that cold. From Wednesday to Friday, we were resting around 0 to -20 F (or -15 to -30 C)...it was a long week...

Funny lines from this week:
-"Stores make me want to throw up right now" -Syster Jackson after we went sweater shopping last week
-"I have a mom question" -Elder Kendall when he wasn't feeling well
-"I am the gate keeper of my destiny. I am the master of my fate" -Elder Kendall after giving me advice on my future

On Tuesday, we went to Boden to go by our new member's place. We answered some of her questions from her recent reading of the Book of Mormon and just spent some time with her. Love her to death! We also visited a few older ladies in the ward. We just swung by and they loved it :) I loved it too, I learn so much from people here :)

Wednesday through Friday was really rough because it was just so cold! We planned as many lessons and inside things that we possible could because it was kind of dangerous to be outside. Like our noes froze as soon as we stepped outside, the car almost didn't start, and the cold feet never really went away :) We had some good time to plan and organize things. We made a killer member missionary plan that we will be implementing in our ward soon. Yay! President and Syster Beckstrand along with the Assistants came up to do interviews with us. That was really a pleasure...to see humanity again and all... I just love the 5 of them! 

Our two progressing investigators are doing really great. One was even in church yesterday and he is working on reading and praying every day. We challenged the other to baptism, but he wants to keep thinking. The work moves forward :)

We got to go down to Piteå yesterday to have dinner with a member family. While it was cooking we helped their little daughters make a movie :) It was cute. They invited us and the Elders here, plus the Elders down in Skellefteå (because they have literally 5 active members). Also visited a really great less active in Piteå. I love her! I just love the country people here in Luleå; reminds me of home! 

I have been thinking a lot about regrets lately because I am the master of dwelling on regrets and need to get over it. In all reality, if we just do everything we can, what we expected doesn't matter, just what the Lord expected. I am really working on turning around and dwelling on the good instead of the "I could have..." or " I should have..." You cannot change the past, but you can change the future :) I loved this talk by President Uchtdorf. Enjoy! 


Love you all!
Syster Sarah Griffes
A Happy, Healthy (Cold) Servant of the Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment