Monday, October 12, 2015

The Year Mark...October 15th, 2015- Jakobsberg Week 10

Do you all realize that today is October 12th which means that Thursday is October 15th which means that I will have been on the mission for a YEAR! A YEAR! That is just so impossible it is not even funny. Cannot handle that, not at all. That means that I will go back home in 6 MONTHS! Not possible, I am in denial. Time has flown way too fast and there is just too much to do and to learn!

I remember last year after I spent a whole year out at BYU, I wrote this really nice sappy Facebook post about how I had learned so much from my year at BYU and how it was the best year yet and all that jazz. Well, I would like to proudly announce that this year has been even better.

Some of you may wonder, how in the world can this year be better? I am out in Sweden, thousands of miles from home, friends, and family. I have a crazy schedule and missionary rules (which people think are really crazy). I wear skirts every day of my life (and tight season is on us, so that too). I am pushed mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually more now than ever before. I see my weaknesses more clearly than ever and have never before known just how much I cannot do. 

This is why this year has been even better: I have been able to be a representative of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I have been able to help others find the Light that I have found and see the joy that comes into their lives as they have grown closer unto our Heavenly Father. As I have done so, I have grown closer to Him too. I have become more deeply converted to the Gospel and my Faith in Christ has grown immeasurably. As I have come unto Christ, I have seen my weaknesses, but have also seen them become strengths (Ether 12:27). I am now more prepared for the rest of my life; to raise my future family in the Gospel, to help others as a member missionary, and to serve in the Lord's vineyard for the rest of my life (and the rest of eternity). I have grown more and experienced more in this year than ever before. This has been the most challenging time, but the most rewarding and defining time of my life so far. I will never, ever regret the year and a half that I gave up everything else and chose to be a dedicated missionary. I know that it will make all the difference and truly define my life and eternity.

And there was even a miracle this week! Our investigator, Inger, got baptized and confirmed! I can tell you right now that fasting, blessings, and many prayers helped her out more than anything we did. I can see more clearly than ever that when you do everything that you do, then leave the rest to the Lord, He takes care of His part. The baptismal service was simple and beautiful and Inger is just so happy. She has made a huge step towards Christ and I know that Heavenly Father is so proud of her.

Love you all,
Syster Griffes

No comments:

Post a Comment