Monday, October 19, 2015

"I had a rush of adrenaline and faith....teleporting didn't work" Jakobsberg Week 11

The Scene: Friday night, 7:30 PM. Already completely dark, about 40 degrees.
Syster Hong and I were discussing how it was cold and how it would take at least an hour to get home from where we were and that we still needed to have dinner. All of a sudden, Syster Hong clicks her heels together, clenches every muscle in her body, and makes a weird noise. I pretty much bust out laughing and ask her what happened. " I had a rush of adrenaline and faith....but teleporting didn't work. I really thought it would! That was the weirdest feeling that I have ever had!" Died about it for DAYS! The Elders died when they heard too :)

Highlights:
-Taught a new investigator from Nigeria that knows about the Church there and has seen the temple in Aba. He says that it is the prettiest church building in all of Nigeria (I AGREE!)
-Got to go to the temple in Stockholm on Tuesday! It is a way pretty temple!
-Had dinner with our American family here in Jakobsberg. ROASTED S'MORES!
-Had Systers Conference with all of the 40 systers in the mission. Very spiritually uplifting!
-Really good District Meeting about how we can help our investigators have a good experience at church and how we can keep the Sabbath Day more holy and have the Sacrament be a spiritual experience each week. Got me thinking about and studying about what I need to change
-Sat through a lesson in which Syster Hong taught in Spanish. So many wandering thoughts (we call it space tripping). Reminds me of the Greenie Days when I had no idea what was happening....
-Role played the Restoration with a returned missionary in our ward (he is our ward mission leader) and got some really good tips on how we can teach more effectively. He is a good teacher and a great ward mission leader!
-A less active we work with gave one of the most sincere prayers I have ever heard yesterday. No eloquence, just talking to Heavenly Father. Our relationship with Him is what matters most in this life. My relationship is one of my most treasured possessions. I love Him and I know that He loves me. 

Attached is a video to one of my favorite Discourses by the Savior from John 6. Check out all of the Bible videos! The words are taken right from the King James Version of the Bible. THEY ARE SO GOOD!

Love you all!
Syster Griffes

No comments:

Post a Comment