Monday, August 31, 2015

Jakobsberg Week 4

Another week come and gone...these things just keep going faster and faster!
-Had a really great FHE with the Elders in Jakobsberg and the Senior Missionary Couple (they work with records preservation for Family Search) that is in our ward. The Elders shared 3 Nephi 12:14-16 and talked about sharing our talents and letting them shine for the world. It was really good! We each have God-given talents that people in this world NEED! Share who you are and what makes you you, you never know who needs it!
-Tuesday was full of lots of blåsts and language barriers. Still waiting for the day when we have a common language with everyone! We role played a lesson with a couple in the ward that speaks Spanish (and by we, I mean Syster Hong taught and I sat there...I do not speak Spanish!)
-We had the wonderful opportunity to visit the Bishop and his family this week. It was really fun and really uplifting. We talked about communicating with Heavenly Father and how He is always there listening. He really is!
-Went on splits with Syster Powell (Syster Training Leader) in Uppsala. It used to be the capital of Sweden and is now just a huge college town. It was gorgeous there! Oh, so pretty! We got to go to an American store where they sell goodies from America and I got a jar of Jif peanut butter for about 60 kronor (like 8 dollars). Most expensive peanut butter I have ever bought, but it will be worth every single spoonful! I learned a lot on our splits and we talked about how to get Jakobsberg really moving. Syster Hong and I are ready to try out new things!
-We got to teach three new, pretty positive investigators this week. One in particular says that he is very ready to change his life. I love that! There are people that are ready to accept the Gospel and bring their lives closer to Christ. Makes me so happy!

This week I learned that my Grandma Griffes (my father's mother. In Swedish, farmor) passed away. She is someone that I look up to because of her work ethic and willingness. She has had a major impact on my life and she will be sorely missed. As I received this news, I was sad that I will not see her again in this life, but I also felt a lot of peace. I know that it came from Heavenly Father and from my knowledge of His plan for us. I know that my Grandma still exists, just not here on the earth. She is in the Spirit World, likely working hard to teach the Gospel to those who have not received it and seeing many people whose lives she has positively influenced while here on the earth. I know that I will be able to see her again someday. Through the hard times in life, I am just so grateful that I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of us. That we lived with Him before we came to earth and that He wants each of us to return and live with Him again. I cannot express how grateful I am to have a loving Heavenly Father that knows me individually and perfectly and that loves me (and all of His children) enough to send His Only Begotten Son to this earth to atone for our sins, transgressions, weaknesses, everything. I am so grateful that I know that death is not the end and that there is a purpose to this life. This knowledge is something that has carried me through good times and bad and it is the reason that I am here in Sweden, so far away from my family and friends. I want the whole earth to receive this knowledge and I know that everyone can through study and prayer. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to share this joy and knowledge with people I meet every day. (Alma 26:36-37)

With love, 
Syster Sarah Griffes

https://www.mormon.org/beliefs/plan-of-salvation (you can email me with any questions that you have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment