Monday, April 6, 2015

GENERAL CONFERENCE! Örebro Week 1

What a week! Started out in my little, tiny town of Trollhättan to a pretty big city (okay, so it is really not that big, but it feels pretty big!) of Örebro. Good things to come :)

Last Monday we spent the day in Göteborg with our district. Sad to say goodbye to all of those missionaries that I have come to love and respect, but I am sure that I will see some of them around the mission in the future. We spent Monday night and all of Tuesday just saying goodbyes. It was pretty rough. I love the people in Trollhättan with all my heart! They all taught me so, so much and have helped me to become the person that I have become. A part of my heart will always be there.

On Wednesday, my train left at 7:30 from Trollhättan and arrived in Örebro at 11:30. I met my new companion, Syster Irene, at the station. I actually knew her just a little bit before in the MTC because we overlapped for about 5 days. She just finished being trained, so she is 6 weeks younger in the mission than I am. We got right to work after lunch. We visited less actives, helped a member out, and even did some tracting. I was pretty much exhausted after the emotional and physical demands of the day, but I figure that I will feel that way all the time for the next year anyway :)

Thursday we had district meeting. We are the only systers with 8 elders in the district. We had a lesson with a less active, a member, then dropped off a cake Syster Irene made to an investigator for his birthday. Remember how much I hated traveling in Trollhättan? Örebro is WAY worse. Like it takes 30 minutes by bus to get from one side of the city to the other. So many bus rides! But there are enough people on these buses that we can talk to all of them when we travel, so that is really good.

Friday we taught 2 investigator lessons, one was with the Elders the other was with a member. The Young Single Adults (YSAs) here are way awesome and ALWAYS willing to help with our lessons. It is so nice! I love it!

Saturday and Sunday were both filled with the best thing of the year...GENERAL CONFERENCE! I just love it so, so much! So uplifting and answered lots questions I have been having lately. I loved a lot of talks, but I think that my favorite was by Jeffrey R. Holland during the Sunday Morning Session. It was all about how Jesus Christ is there to rescue us through everything. What was your favorite? Here is the link to all of the talks from conference this year:

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?cid=HP_SU_4-5-2015_dPTH_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng

I hope that each of you had a wonderful Easter and that you took time to remember the reason we celebrate: Christ. On Sunday morning for personal study, I read the accounts of the Resurrection and the visits that Christ made to the people from the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and James) and from the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was really strong and witnessed to me of the truth that He Lives! He really does and He understands you perfectly. He knows exactly how you feel because He has felt it before. He is always there for you, just reach out and grasp the Hand.

Love you all dearly,
Syster Sarah Griffes



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment