Monday, March 16, 2015

(Insert Funny Title) Trollhättan Week 16

Monday and Tuesday were two more sick days for Syster Hoke. I made this scale of insanity in my planner with 1 being "Sane" and 10 being "Totally Lost it" and put myself at a 9.1. We did a whole lot of random secretarial-esque work and Syster Hoke slept a lot.

Wednesday was back to wonderful, amazing, fulfilling MISSIONARY WORK! Oh it was so nice to be out and doing all the things that we normally do! We made cookies during our lunch hour and brought some to a member who recently broke her shoulder then went to our lovely little, old Swedish investigator's house. Again with the random things we do there: this week we sprinkled salt on all the grass patches on the path to her door. We had some Fika (have I ever mentioned how much I love Fika? I think the United States needs it!) and talked about everything that Jesus Christ has done for us. After, we went up to the church and cleaned all the cabinets in the kitchen. We dropped by some members and read Ether 12:27 and talked about overcoming weaknesses. 

On Thursday we visited a less active, tracted, taught a potential investigator, then visited another less active. We took the bus up to Uddevalla then met the Bishop and his daughter to drive to Ellös to a member and her investigator husband's house. The drive there was gorgeous! (the pictures of the week come from this trip). The Swedish countryside is breath-taking! We taught the investigator about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he had a lot of really great lessons. I'm super grateful that the Bishop was there to help out!

We had district meeting on Friday. It was good, we talked about better ways of planning and adjusting more to the needs of the investigators. After, we did some weekly planning then called our 16 year old investigator that lives far away and taught on the phone. We also visited our Serbian/Macedonian investiagor and talked about the importance of prayer and scripture study. David A. Bednar has said something like, "When we want to talk to God, we pray, but when He wants to talk to us, He does so through the scriptures." So true! Answers come when we diligently ask then seek. 

On Saturday we had 10 people at innebandy. We actually played one game with the 3 Swedes against 5 of us non-Swedes....The Swedes still won :) They've been playing Innebandy for like their whole lives...we had no chance! We watched Finding Faith in Christ with an investigator, did some more weekly planning, then taught an investigator the Plan of Salvation. The Spirit was way strong and it was a really great lesson

Sunday, oh I love Sunday! There were not very many members or investigators in Church, but it was really nice to sit and listen to all the talks and everything. Spiritual food! We spent the evening visiting old investigators and less active members and tracting. We actually had a 50 minute lesson with a less active right at his door. It was pretty neat just to talk with him about his life and everything. 

I mentioned how we shared Ether 12:27 with a less active family, here is the verse:

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." 

I love the natural steps that it shows. 1: Come unto Christ, 2: Humble yourself, 3: Have faith, 4: Weak things become strong. Each step is vital and I have definitely seen that in my life. When we come unto Christ, we can be perfected. The Atonement is not just about cleansing us from sin, it's about helping us become more, helping us to be better, more like Christ. There is this quote that I really like about what Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ can make us into: "You will only make of you a smudge, He will make of you a masterpiece." When we give Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ everything that we are, everything that we have, They can make us into more than we could ever imagine. I know that this is true because I have seen it in my life and especially on my mission. Only in losing ourselves can we find ourselves. (Luke 9:24)


Med kärlek,
Syster Sarah Griffes



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment