Monday, February 9, 2015

The Week I Was Bit in the Leg...Trollhättan Week 11

Sometimes I think the hardest thing about missionary work is simply the fact that no one answers their phone...Seriously! If everyone did answer, I think that we would not have enough time to do everything we could do! But then we call a million people and no one answers! It's lame. Ah well, nothing we can do about it!

On Tuesday we were having a hard time figuring out what to do, but we just kept feeling like something was going to work out just how it needed to. So, we made some tentative plans then went out and started doing things. And then a really cool thing happened. One of our investigators called and said that he had a friend that wanted to talk to us, could we come right then? And we could! So we did and we taught his friend the Restoration. It was really cool. 

On Wednesday we got to be an answer to a member's prayer. She is a way nice older lady who had a stroke a while back. She was having a crazy week and prayed that someone from the Church would come and visit. Then, Bam! We showed up! She bore her testimony to us and it was so sweet and we just sat and cried together some. I love this! Then we met with a potential investigator. He met a Mormon about 18 years ago and it left a huge impression on him, so he has been looking for the church. He actually came to a baptism and church this week. Way cool.

The title of this week's e-mail comes from Thursday. We left and investigator's place and found a guy laying in the snow with some blood around him. We asked him if everything was okay while another man called the ambulance (the emergency number here is 112, in case you wanted to know). We were talking to this guy (he has epilepsy) and he couldn't hear us well (he was about 10 feet away), so he crab crawled over to us (it was really weird...we weren't sure whether to run or what, but we just stayed put). Then the guy calling the ambulance asked the guy on the ground if he was going to take anyone with him to the hospital and he said that he would take us and grabbed our skirts. Syster Sorensen got away fast, but he grabbed my leg and held on. She tried to take a picture then I all of a sudden felt his teeth on my leg! He almost bit me! You better believe that I escaped that grip real fast! He said it was just kidding. It was really quite hilarious! Crazy, crazy things happen! 

Friday we had district meeting. I love our district! Sad to think we will be at least partially splitting next week (transfer calls come on Saturday, Syster Sorensen or I will be leaving as we are finishing training this week). We also had a member dinner. So fun!

Not many people came to Innebandy this week, so they played badminton instead. An 8 year old, Alice, from our ward got baptized. It was way sweet and the Spirit was strong. Sunday was really good. I translated again for our Indian investigator. About 5 million times better than a month ago :) The talks were so good! One was about how we all have weaknesses and tempations, but that we can overcome them by turning to the Lord and remembering that He loves us perfectly and infinitely. She quoted Moses, "And it came to pass that Moses looked upon Satan and said: Who art thou? For behold, I am a son of God, in the similitude of his Only Begotten; and where is thy glory, that I should worship thee?" 

Remember who you are! Never forget that you are a beloved son or daughter of an all-powerful, all-loving Heavenly Father that has a plan for YOU specifically. He knows you and loves you more than we can even imagine. Look to Him, lean on Him, and everything will work out just fine :)

Love you all!
Syster Sarah Griffes

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment