Monday, January 12, 2015

"10 Points to Gryffindor!" Trollhättan Week 7

This. Week. Was. Crazy! But so legit all at the same time.

You know what's great? Preparation day naps! They just make everything so wonderful :) Also, we went tracting for the first time (that just means that we knock on people's doors to tell them about the Gospel). It was just one door, but that is now off of my mission bucket list (this list does not actually exist, but maybe I should make one now)

Tuesday was great! We had planned to meet with a member, but they forgot so we went and contacted a few people and dropped by some less actives and such. Best part of the day? One of our investigators is from Macedonia and they celebrate Christmas there on December 6th, so we had Christmas dinner with her and her family. It was spectacular. Syster Sorensen and I sang "How Great Thou Art" for them because they asked us to sing. Next time, we will be picking a different song that we can actually harmonize to :)

Wednesday was Church watch and lots of lessons. One of our investigators is an old, sweet Swedish lady who gets funnier everytime we go. This time she was talking to us about how much my Swedish has improvement and she laughed about how the first time we went I said absolutely nothing. Which is true, her Swedish is difficult to understand!

Thursday we went to some members houses. At one house, the sons are not members, so we made a deal where we play cards with them (well, just the 10 year old) then they have to sit and listen to a story from the Scriptures. This time we chose to tell/read the story of Ammon from The Book of Mormon (Alma 17) where Ammon cuts off the bad guys arms. At one point I said something about the lamanites and the boy says, "Did you just say the lemonades? Are they called the Lemonades?" So funny! He also told us about how Ammon shouldn't have cut off the arms because, "Isn't that illegal?!" We were cracking up so bad!

Friday we had district meeting down in Göteborg. That city is just absolutely beautiful! It is pretty big for Sweden standards, but it really doesn't seem big at all. Our district has lots of new people. It's nice because I am no longer the youngest missionary in the group :) The Elders noticed that my last name kind of sounds like Gryffindor, so they call me that sometimes. Perfect! I love Harry Potter!

Saturday was lots of random lessons. We went to a lady who we met on the bus one day whose ancestry is from Kenya, but she is from Detroit, Michigan, but has lived in Sweden for almost her whole life. She. Is. Hilarious! Like so so so funny! We cracked up so bad! She told us this story about some guy in Sweden that acted like he was paralyzed and got a lot of aid from the Government then there was a fire in the hospital he was in and he just jumped up and forgot that he was supposed to be paralyzed. We really just died!

Church this Sunday was a lot better than usual. I could understand lots more and it was really great. The struggle is that if I ever zone out I am completely, totally lost and sometimes there is no returning. Hahaha, it gets better all the time. The real highlight of the day was when we taught our investigator that is getting baptized this month. We finished up the lessons and then 2 members, the investigator, Syster Sorensen, and I bore testimony on how we came to know that the Church was true. It was wonderful and spiritual and I definitely cried. By the way, speaking Swedish is almost impossible when one is crying. Terrible! Just Terrible!

Great scripture I read and loved this week from Alma 26: 35-36

Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light

Best wishes and lots of love,
Syster Sarah Griffes
A Servant of the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment