Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Oh! We're halfway there....

Hej hej all! Halfway through the MTC! Yay! This is my 3 week mark, my approximate departure date is November 24th. So psyched!

Funny things this week:
-My teacher, Brother Marchant, hit his funny bone really hard and then was in fetal position on the ground because he can sometimes be a bit dramatic. It wasn't funny for him, but it was for the rest of us!
-You know how in English they have the expression, "The lights are on but no one is home" In Swedish it is "The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead"
-For head, shoulders, knees, and toes, they change the "Eyes and ears and mouth and nose" to "Eyes and ears and I can clap my face" (during which you clap your face). I still haven't been able to get through the whole song without dying of laughter

Now on to more serious matters. This week we had TRC (Teaching Resource Center) and we got to speak with and teach a short lesson to a lady that is really from Sweden! Her Swedish was BEAUTIFUL! However, we could only understand a little bit of what she was saying because of her accent and how fast she spoke. It's okay though, she absolutely sung the language!

The new missionaries that we got last week (11 elders and 11 sisters) are so great! I love them all so much! The sisters are way sweet and very driven. The elders are really funny, yet can be very spiritual. I appreciate everything that they bring to the table as individuals and as a group. There are 18 of them going to Belgium/Netherlands and 3 elders going to Iceland (by the way, Icelandic sounds really harsh and kind of scary hahaha)

This week, my district is working on having a daily English fast in which we only speak Swedish. On Monday we did it for 1 hour, Tuesday for 2, etc. Until Saturday when we will fast from when we wake up (6:30) to Lunch (12:50). That will be a challenge, but I'm excited! We do our best, but we don't know very much yet! In our lessons, my companions and I can now mostly understand and respond to almost everything that our investigators say. It is really cool, but it really requires us to work together and stretch ourselves. 

In a Devotional that we had this week, they had 4 missionaries speaking 4 different languages recite Joseph Smith's First Vision in their languages. It was so cool because even though we didn't know what exactly they were saying, we could feel the Spirit and their witness of the words they spoke. I just know that this gospel is true and I am so excited to share the light of Christ with everyone. It is the most important thing in my life, so why wouldn't I want everyone to experience it too?

Love ya,

Syster Griffes
A Servant of the Lord

 

No comments:

Post a Comment