Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Botched it! Botched it!

Last full week of the MTC! Sweden, here we come!
Sorry about all the e-mails with pictures. I can only send 2 at a time (if anyone knows how to send more, let me know!)

Funnies from this week:
-Sisters Stetler, Nielsen, and I were practicing teaching the lessons in 2 minutes or less. Sister Stetler decided to teach the Plan of Salvation (which is difficult to teach in 20 minutes, let alone 2) and she was doing a great job. Suddenly she says, "...And He gave us bodies. Botched it! Botched it! I botched it!" So funny! We couldn't stop laughing for a good few minutes.
-I have realized that in all of my good friendships, everyone just makes fun of me. The same is true here; the Elders constantly poke fun at me. This week I was asking Elder Bradshaw if I could move the garbage can that was where I usually sit and he goes, "Fine. I just like sitting next to the garbage can. It reminds me of when I sit next to you!" hahaha, so funny! Now every time they need to through something away, they ask where Sister Griffes is before putting it in the garbage can.
-I have taken to playing 4-square during gym. I'm not great, but we play doubles usually. On Monday, Elder Erikson (from the other Swedish district) and I were in the King square for nearly 8 minutes. Win! Until today when we played... I was doing so bad that they made "Sister Griffes Rules" in which I could do whatever I wanted so that I didn't get out so often. Loved it!

This week at TRC, we Skyped with a lady that lives in Stockholm, Sweden. It was way cool and she said that we are doing really well with our Swedish. We are definitely trying, but there is lots of room for improvement. On Monday I did an English fast for half of the day in which I only spoke Swedish (except in class when we had an activity in English and in 4-square when I could not express my enthusiasm in Swedish). It was a learning experience and great practice. 

This week we taught and committed both of our "investigators" to baptism. It was really quite cool and very spiritual, even if it is just role playing. I cannot wait to teach really people really soon!

And last, but certainly not least....we got our flight plans! We leave the MTC at 3:30 AM on Monday morning, fly out of Salt Lake City at 7:30, go to Denver, go to New Jersey, then fly to Stockholm overnight, arriving at about 7:30 their time on Tuesday. 4 days! I will be in Sweden this time next week! My next e-mail will be from Sweden! Yay! I'm so excited, but quite nervous too! I definitely don't know enough Swedish, but I know that Heavenly Father will help me out with everything that I struggle with. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so true and I get the immense privilege of sharing the best thing in my life with the wonderful people of Sweden!

Love you all!
Syster Griffes

No comments:

Post a Comment