Tuesday, July 1, 2014

To Serve or Not to Serve, That is the Question

In the life of any LDS (Latter-Day Saint) young adult, deciding whether or not to serve a mission is a huge decision. Some people have wanted to go since they were little, others have known that they didn't want to go since they were little, then there's the group that I fit in. The group of, "I have no idea if I want to serve or not." Trust me when I say that there was a lot of pondering and praying that went on in my decision to go. It took months and months of back-and-forth before I finally put it all in God's hands and told Him that I would do what He wanted me to do. 

And, so, I'm serving a mission! Now that I made the decision, I am so excited to serve! I know that it is exactly what Heavenly Father wants me to do and I'm going to give it my everything. The mission application process was kind of long and tedious. There is lots of paperwork to fill out, a couple doctor/dentist appointments, and a few interviews. 

I met with my stake president (the area church leader) for my final interview. I was kind of nervous going in, praying to Heavenly Father that I would receive confirmation that serving a mission is the right thing to do. I received exactly the confirmation that I was looking for! My stake president said a lot of things I needed to hear to ease some of my worries. He encouraged me to do my very best then put it in God's hands. It was really a great interview and a very spiritual experience. My papers are all submitted and I should receive my mission call within a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment